5 Things You Should Definitely Avoid At a ‘Dinner & Dance’ Event
A dinner and dance event is more than just a bunch of friends meeting and hanging about. In fact, the occasion is really anything but. As the event host, you can be the party- spoiler without even knowing it, especially when you are guilty of committing any (or multiple) sins named below. As a highly renowned Event Organisers Singapore.
Here the things that you must avoid at your next Dinner and Dance event in Singapore:
- The Wrong type of food: So you are hosting an event whereby the end of it, people are expected to have a bit of fun and dance along. The last thing you want is to serve them the food that leads to an embarrassing mishap on the dance floor.
So you should avoid food items that are excessively spiced up, and are basically all oiled up, greasy junk food items. For example, things like spaghetti, tacos, garlic-based cuisine, etc shall be eliminated. An upset belly is really not the most ideal experience to have at a time when things are about to get exciting.
- A make-shift DJ: Sometimes it’s easy to ignore the value that a rocking DJ brings to the whole vibe, and budgeting is made a priority. While that’s understandable but if the whole mission is to have a blast, and provide everyone with those dazzling moments, then a proper DJ is a must.
A professional DJ will set the dance floor on fire, bring life to the whole place and give the audience exactly what they came for, an actual good time. So, it’s better that you hire a good DJ and then it’d no longer be your problem to make sure everyone is having a time of their lives, the DJ will take care of that on your behalf.
- The Wrong Lighting: Disco and neon laser beams are always cool, and can bring out that dancer from within you never knew existed. They bump up the fun-ratio a notch or two and can make even the most conservative of guests to join others on the ride. A number of lighting props that you can use are –
- Disco Balls
- Strobe Lights
- Light Bars
- The wrong stage setup and seating arrangement: Okay so a dance and dinner night is quite similar to ‘Prom Night’. So naturally, you want people sitting together to be familiar with each other and actually wanting to engage.
Similarly, a stage that reminds everyone of a board room meeting is also not the brightest of ideas. Hence, it’s your prime duty to ensure people accompanying each other to the event are seated together, and the stage is somewhere among the audience, to capture everyone’s attention.
- If you choose a theme, stick to it: Selecting a theme for an event is a challenge. Not only you have to make sure everyone obliges and dresses that way, but keeping the whole place in sync with the theme and adding props accordingly is also a job easier said than done.
So now that you’ve chosen a theme (say Victorian Era), make it known to the invitees that the theme has to be taken seriously and also your duty includes setting plates, glasses, seats, etc that fit the whole setting.
Though it can be a bit of a headache, the end result is quite amazing and memorable for everyone involved.
P.S. You can always hire a professional event planner in Singapore to take care of such a tedious task, and your complete focus may lie on actually enjoying the event with your buddies.
Conclusion: MTM Events is your one-stop solution to any of your event-related worries. If you are a party host, we make sure that everyone gets a lasting impression about the amazing experiences that they had. We offer all Event planning and maintenance services that you will need and offer them at highly economical prices. Check us out and don’t take our work for it, feel free to observe who we are and why we are the most reputed Event Company in Singapore.